We have an exciting opportunity for an DevOps Engineer to join our team.
We are looking for people who will go the extra mile to help someone out, and that have good levels of self-motivation, diligence, desire to learn, and technical competency.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location:Hybrid working with 3-days in the office.
Salary: £45,000 - £52,000 /year dependent on experience
Eightfold Recruitment are experts in matching ambitious people within the Finance, Insurance and Energy industries, and we are growing into other exciting and rapidly emerging markets.
This opportunity is with a very well-known West Midlands based client, who recognises that employees are unique individuals with differing needs depending on their specific circumstances and stages in life, and they welcome applications from any industry.
Our client continuously recognises their people as their biggest asset, which doesn't mean just viewing them as employees.
They are proud of their heritage and wholeheartedly believe in their people, that's why in addition to a very competitive salary, you will be rewarded with a wide range of other attractive benefits, as well as wider career prospects.
The DevOps Engineer role will be required to oversee the delivery of automated operational processes, including Azure DevOps operations, Design & Build phase, technical application / infrastructure implementation, as well as creating best practice guidelines and recommend changes to streamline release & deployment operations.
The role will need to collaborate with technical staff to identify and resolve technical issues
The role requires strong communication skills to oversee personnel and foster collaboration with all IT and Project teams.
The role should display a high degree of adaptability in order to learn new technologies as needed and successfully manage the daily challenges of a technical environment.
Assist IT Managers and the Technical Lead in providing strong technical direction which involves establishing a technical vision and managing the technical quality of DevOps deliverables.
You will be working in a cross functional agile team and work closely with project managers, IT managers and architects to ensure our processes are both meeting business needs whilst also moving in the right technical direction.
A strong background in troubleshooting and technology support will be beneficial.
Key responsibilities are:
* Play a key role in the adoption of automation technologies.
* Proactively suggest recommendations to improve DevOps processes, tooling and solutions.
* Lead with the scheduling and running of knowledge sharing sessions with various business stakeholders to help promote DevOps capabilities and processes.
* Creation of CI/CD pipelines to improve business agility.
* Analysing project & business needs; and selecting solutions to meet those needs.
* Other tasks will include recommending solutions and troubleshooting technical issues.
* Lead with the upskilling and knowledge transfer for junior members of the team.
* Accountable for the delivery of the technical DevOps implementation and quality assurance of all the agreed applications to be installed.
* Designing and building technical DevOps processes to meet the needs of the project.
* Support project managers and project support staff in producing quality DevOps pipelines, procedures and documentation.
* Lead by example by building technical DevOps processes.
* Working with project managers, IT Manages and Architects to define the technical direction for the applications and software to be supported.
* Assisting in the delivery of technology solutions that solve business problems in line with the technical strategy of the department, ensuring we drive the provision of scalable, maintainable, and performance systems.
The skills and experience required are:
* Understanding of containerization technologies.
* Proven experience working in DevOps Engineer role is key.
* Proven experience of deploying IT DevOps solutions ( Pipelines ) as part of a larger project.
* Technical & Process design skills.
* Proven ability of embedding Security in every layer of the DevOps solution deployment.
* Detailed knowledge of migrating / implementing solutions into Cloud Infrastructure, Azure platform with accreditation preferable.
* Minimum of 2 years working with Azure DevOps technologies (Rancher/Kubernetes/Harbor/ Docker/Tiler/Pearl/Helm (Helm Charts)).
* Ensuring they have an excellent understanding of software release systems and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate.
* Experience of database systems, ideally in the relevant database technologies such as MS SQL Server and Oracle.
* Proven experience of RedHat Linux.
* Proven experience automating processes using scripting languages (Powershell, Ansible,Linux shell, Bash scripts )
* Ability to quickly research and absorb information and disseminate to technicians and management alike.
* Good communication and troubleshooting skills.
* Preferable experience of DevOps technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana and ELK Logging
* Generous annual leave starting at 25 days + 8 bank holidays
* Pension scheme matching your contribution by up to 10.6%
* Social club membership - dozens of discounts available for a wide variety of family days out and events
* Performance related pay scheme
* Corporate health plan with the option to include family members
* Discounted travel cards
* Staff car scheme
* Life assurance provided at 4 times your salary
To apply for our vacancy for a DevOps Engineer, please click on Apply and upload a copy of your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.