1st Line Support
This role offers endless career progression, working with a friendly and supportive team.
To provide a comprehensive incident handling and technology support service to the clients at a busy recruitment agency.
• As an integral part of the Support team, you will provide efficient and effective advice and technical support to the clients that call the Support Desk.
• Monitor all networks, security, and computer systems, consisting of 550+ VMs, to meet the organisations current and future requirements.
• You will keep detailed and accurate records of all calls.
• You will have a broad knowledge across all technology areas.
• You will quickly assess the severity and priority of your team’s calls and take the appropriate action to provide the most effective solution.
• You will appropriately escalate potential problems such as the use of unauthorised software, major software/hardware outages, dangerous operating practices and the rise of loss or damage to hardware or software, which could be discovered during your day-to-day support activities.
• You will assist with identifying trends through the calls and tickets from clients.
• You will be effective at collaborating with the Infrastructure Team.
• Provide high standards of professional service to all levels of staff in the client base at all times.
• You may be asked to attend client sites from time to time and will be expected to dress appropriately and be professional.
• Any other task or duty reasonably requested of you by the company Directors or the management team.
Skills & Experience
• You will have a minimum of 1-year technical experience in a client focused environment.
• You will have demonstrable diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
• Have experience in using your own initiative to deal with complex issues.
• You will be able to quickly assess and prioritise tasks.
• You will have strong client-facing skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to interface with a varied client base.
• You will be equally comfortable dealing in technical and non-technical terms as the situation dictates.
• You will be able to dress, speak and behave in a professional manner.
• You will be familiar with using a call logging and escalation package.
• You will be a confident team player.
• You will have the ability to stay calm under pressure.
• You must have in depth working knowledge of the following key applications/Operating systems: Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10, Microsoft Office 2016 and O365.
• Basic working knowledge of network components.
We believe in bringing the client to the centre of everything we do.
To do this, we need to understand, anticipate, and fulfil the unique needs and expectations of each clients.
We call this “Client Focus” and to help deliver this core part of our business strategy, we want to recruit people who not only excel in their field but who are also client focused.
We are looking for people who:
• Can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to understand their clients’ priorities;
• Are self-starters, but also team players ready to help others and contribute to the overall success;
• Listen, question, and deliver; and
• Are reliable and responsive, who can put the needs of the client first.
In short, we are looking for people who are motivated by client satisfaction and who strive to exceed the expectations of their clients.