Receptionist Casual Worker
ReceptionistSalary: £13.43 per hourWorking hours: Casual hours working on a casual worker agreement.
Flexibility is required to cover busy periods mostly Mon-Fri between 9 am-5 pmLocation: Please specify your preferred location in the application form.
It is not mandatory to work at all locations, but we offer a similar zero-hours role at the following locations if you are available.
The Foundry, 17 Oval Way, SE11 5RRThe Green House, 244-254 Cambridge Heath Road, London, E2 9DAResource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London N7 6PA
Please note the job description may vary for each building.
Ethical Property provide flexible workspace to a range of impact organisations, such as charities, non-profits, social enterprises, and B Corps.
We have 17 centres across the UK and more than 300 tenants.
The receptionist will play an important role in welcoming visitors, supporting our tenants and assisting the Centre Manager as needed.
The main duties will include, but not limited to:
Access, Security and Deliveries
• Being the first point of contact for visitors to the centre; welcoming them and issuing name badges and ensuring that everyone signs in, announcing their arrival and directing them to the appropriate tenant organisation or meeting room.• Ensuring security procedures are followed in the centre, and that all building visitors/contractors sign in/out.• Taking deliveries of the Royal Mail post, sorting and distributing it to tenant organisations and ensuring that outgoing post is collected every evening.• Notifying tenants when deliveries arrive in the building.
• Answering phones and directing calls to relevant staff or tenants• Acting as a point of contact for tenant queries and communicating these effectively to the relevant member of the Property Management team• Helping to establish and maintain excellent communication with tenant organisations• Ensure contact information is kept up to date for each organisation in the cluster, including tenant representatives, Directors, first aid and fire Marshall Contacts, etc.
Administration and Purchasing
• Assisting with administrative duties in the cluster as and when required;• Ordering cleaning/stationary supplies for the cluster and keeping an accurate record in the purchase order/tenant recharge sheet;• Run monthly photocopier and Franking machine reports and forward to finance department.
• Working within the company’s procedures and policies• Working to improve the services we provide to tenants• Working to improve the company's social and environmental objectives• Covering for other members of the reception team when they are in training, on holiday, etc• Attending company-wide events such as training events and the annual staff conference• Additional Ad-hoc duties in accordance to the job role specified by the Office and Services Manager
This is a busy, demanding and responsible role that requires an individual with both customer service and practical skills and a positive attitude.
You are a welcoming, proactive, friendly, and organised person, who enjoys the challenges of being the first point of contact.
• Has excellent communication skills and experience of communication with different groups of people• The ability to act quickly and effectively using their own initiative• To be a team player• Have good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office software• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise his/her work, multi-task and remain flexible• To be trustworthy, personable and reliable• A commitment to provide a good service to our tenants• To maintain a professional standard of presentation and communication with colleagues and tenants at all times• We would also like applicants to be committed to social and environmental issues.• The ability to work alone adhering to the company lone working policy
This is a casual worker agreement, which means there are no standard hours of work, as you will more often than not be covering for other receptionist.
Therefore, we cannot guarantee a minimum number of hours of work each week and could receive no work at all.
We aim to provide as much notice in advance as reasonably possible (normally not less than 24 hours) of the hours you will be required to work.
We are under no obligation to offer you any working hours, and you are under no obligation to accept working hours.
The hourly rate for this role is, £13.43, (full-time equivalent working 37.5 hours is £26,190 a year inclusive of London Weighting).
Any hours worked will be paid in the next calendar month.
Please note, you must be eligible to work in the UK in order to apply for this role.
Click ''Apply'' to be emailed information about how to complete your application.