Electronics Engineering Manager
Electronics Engineering Manager
How would you like the opportunity to work for one of the local areas most well-known Defence industry solutions providers?
A market leader within their industry, with a strong order book and new markets continually being pursued with new product offerings in development.
This role sits withing the Electrical function of the business, supporting the hardware development life cycle consisting of requirements analysis, design, implementation, test and verification in order to deliver electronic or electrical components and sub assemblies into projects and products
Our client seeks an Electronics Engineering Manager who is very much a doer as a primary and a strong manager as a secondary.
You will be mentored and supported by the Head of Engineering.
The Electronics Engineering Manager will be an experienced hands-on individual who has a sound electrical design knowledge and capability with a background in defence, aviation, aerospace, or military would be ideal.
An empathetic lead, you will manage and mentor a team of electronics engineers from requirements through to design, maintenance and installation of systems and products.
You will be responsible for providing expertise in support of analogue, some digital and computer-based safety systems.
Please note that this role requires you to be UK eyes only and be able to obtain Security Clearance that supports this level of security.
Responsibilities for the Electronics Engineer Manager:
- Detailed analysis of existing equipment to establish requirements for replacement or refurbishment.
- Establish customer solutions and support discussions of the proposed solutions with customer representatives to agree optimum outcome in terms of cost, timescale, and ease of implementation.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding supply and support of third-party equipment.
- Carry out specified design and development and repair work in own area of competence.
- Occasionally support the installation and commissioning of equipment on the customers site
- Provide specific technical support to project managers for projects.
- Provide a technical lead in specified areas and in accordance with the relevant standards and best practice within the industry.
Experience required for the Electronics Engineer Manager:
- Degree educated in Electronics Engineering or demonstrable industry experience in an electronics role including schematic design and PCB layout.
- Experience in definition, design prototyping and commissioning of electrical subsystems including PCBs, electronics racks/cabinets, cables and other electronic assemblies.
- Demonstrate an ability in electrical work and/or analogue and digital electronics using conventional logic families and programmable logic, including design for EMC
- Appropriate technical qualifications in specific areas of electrical or electronic design or in instrumentation and control
- Experience in managing team workloads, providing mentoring, coaching and leadership to other engineers.
- Altium knowledge an advantage
- Electronic equipment design or maintenance experience in a regulated industry
Benefits for the Electronics Engineer Manager include:
- Flexible working Hybrid options
- Competitive salary
This is a full-time permanent position for the successful.
Electronics Engineer Manager For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07921479890 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org