Principal Civil Design Engineer - Contract
An exciting role has arisen to help develop and lead the civil design team for the civil engineering aspects of substation design projects.
The role involves working closely with other disciplines on various new-build substations, substation upgrades/extensions and other electrical infrastructure.
• HND or degree level qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Ideally IEng or CEng with membership of relevant professional engineering institution, e.g.
• Substation civil design experience.
• Experience of working within Electrical Transmission and Distribution sectors.
• Contractor Design Approval Engineer (CDAE) experience, as defined by National Grid's TP137 procedure.
• Good understanding of CDM requirements.
• Good understanding of UK Environmental and Waste Management legislation and requirements.
• Good knowledge of National Grid's Transmission Procedures, in particular: TP106, TP135, TP137, TP141, TP153, TP184, TP188, TP219, TP221, TP235, TP241.