Growth Delivery Manager
Are you looking for your next challenge?
Broadland and South Norfolk Councils have very ambitious growth programmes which will help to accelerate housing and employment sites in the area.
This role will lead on the delivery of this agenda and the team will focus its work on the holistic delivery of these sites by considering job creation, benefit cost ratio, infrastructure and delivery, and the enhancement of existing & future communities.
What you could be part of...
You will manage the Councils' Growth Delivery team, identifying opportunities for the Councils to contribute to and invest in strategically important development projects, developing business cases for investment and funding and maintaining a focus on the quality of development and 'place'.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focused services.
Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like.
Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people's lives.
What you'll be doing...
* Developing and maintaining a network of contacts and potential partners in the land, property and development sector.
* Maintaining a pipeline of investable, shovel-ready capital projects.
* Developing and presenting robust business cases for investment in building and infrastructure projects.
* Project managing the delivery of capital projects.
* Ensuring the Council's affordable housing and green infrastructure strategies are current and are being implemented, maximising the opportunity provided by planning obligations and CIL and S106 income.
You must have...
* Degree standard education, or a minimum of 5 years' experience at a senior level in the development sector, economic development or another relevant role.
* You will either have a RICS qualification, or be suitably experienced to be able to work towards a RICS qualification.
* Experience of delivering land/construction/infrastructure projects and of performing the role of 'the client' in relation to the delivery of capital projects and experience of negotiating complex partnerships, finance, and funding solutions with a range of external agencies.
What's in it for you...
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world.
The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils.
Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils.
From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees.
Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive.
Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve.
Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home.
The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
We are advertising internally and externally.
If external, please apply via our website.
If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don't hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: 29 October 2023 at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: To be confirmed