Senior Systems Engineer â Satellite Navigation
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a leading supplier of satellite solutions and services.
As a dynamic and experienced consulting, technology and engineering services company, the business is involved in a variety of projects ranging from design and development of space systems to management of launch services and in orbit satellite control.
They currently require a Senior Systems Engineer Satellite Navigation to join the growing Navigation team, supporting varied project and product development work within Position, Navigation and Timing technologies, services, and solutions.
The company are based in Bedfordshire, but offer hybrid working with a requirement to be on-site one day every month.
Responsibilities for the Senior Systems Engineer Satellite Navigation:
- Work within a development team as a senior systems engineering subject matter expert to pull-through new complex research concepts and ideas into products following a systems engineering approach
- Lead the development of Systems Engineering products and systems for the efficient delivery of Navigation products, services, and projects
- Interface closely with internal and external clients / stakeholders to capture and elicit their requirements, while addressing and resolving any issues
- Perform a verification, validation, and testing function for resilient, high accuracy and high integrity algorithms, solutions, applications, and services in a multi-disciplinary technical team
- Work on bids and projects in the field of positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT)
- Carry out research, development, and studies for PNT technologies, concepts, algorithms, solutions, hardware, software, applications, and services
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required by the Senior Systems Engineer Satellite Navigation:
- BSc or higher degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Mathematics, or related discipline (2:1 minimum)
- Computer-based algorithm design and simulation (e.g.
in MATLAB environment)
- Deep knowledge and experience in Systems Engineering in line with the responsibilities above and in one, and preferably more, of the following subjects:
- GNSS systems particularly in the user segments
- PNT augmentation and alternative (to GNSS) systems, services, and data products, e.g.
SBAS, IGS or commercial correction services
- Algorithms for advanced PNT techniques, including integrated / hybrid positioning techniques
- GNSS vulnerabilities and resilient PNT technologies
- GNSS receiver technologies, and signal processing algorithms design and development