£36,000 - £43,000pa + Benefits
KHR is working with a Trust based in Tonbridge who are currently looking to hire an accomplished Finance Manager on a permanent basis.
This role would be ideal for a suitably qualified, experienced, and motivated individual who will provide support to the CFO, Senior Management Team, and Budget Holders in all aspects of financial processes.
The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring the Trust complies with the appropriate legislation and reporting requirements in all financial areas.
In summary, the post holder is responsible for:
• Ensuring the Trust meets its obligations for producing accurate monthly management accounts
• Ensuring timely and accurate year-end accounts are prepared by the auditors and ensuring a smooth and clean audit process
• To implement, monitor, and adapt internal controls to reduce the risk of fraud or non-compliance
• To ensure accurate payment and management of staff salaries, including submission of statutory returns as required
• Contract management to ensure the Trust achieves value for money when purchasing goods and services
• Working with the CFO and Senior Management Team to identify opportunities for generating additional income and submitting funding bids
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports the CFO on all finance matters including preparation of an annual budget for approval by the Trust Board, and subsequently maintaining an up-to-date and accurate working budget
• Work closely with the Business Teams responsible for producing management accounts including cash flows and key performance indicators to ensure accurate budget monitoring in a timely manner
• Supports the CFO in providing long-term financial planning ensuring considering changes in the funding arrangements
• Prepare statutory financial returns
• Ensure the Trust has a clear and up-to-date Finance Policy
• Manage the process of Internal Scrutiny and the External Annual Audit, to ensure any recommendations made
are implemented in a timely manner
• Ensuring that the Trust Payroll is delivered efficiently and effectively
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a busy Finance Department
- The ability to use PS Financials
- Previous experience working for a trust or academy would be advantageous
- Experience managing staff or a small team
- Experience in financial planning and management
- Experience with managing finance processes & procedures
- Experience in enhancing the use of finance systems to improve efficiency
- Experience with the purchase-to-pay processes
The role is fully office-based from their facilities in Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit.
If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page.
This does not need to be formatted in the same manner.
In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...