Catfoss Recruitment Ltd are currently in partnership with a well-established specialist machinery company.
Due to continued business growth, they are looking to recruit a Purchasing Coordinator on a permanent basis to their expanding team.Reporting to the Purchasing Manager & Senior Buyer, we are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable Purchasing Co-ordinator who can bring a methodical and detailed approach of working to the Purchasing & Stores department.Objective: Promote and maintain a high Company image of professionalism and aim to create a “Best in Class” experience for our Customers and Internal Stakeholders.As Purchasing Co-ordinator, you will be expected to act as a liaison between the Stores and Purchasing department ensuring all orders and internal deliveries are processed and communicated in an effective manner.
You will be expected to manage your own category of suppliers and assist on project work alongside the Purchasing Manager & Senior Buyer.Responsibilities: Purchasing Coordinator - Primary Role & Responsibilities • Raise PO’s for your set supplier category, ensuring all system administration work is accurate, and orders are scheduled to optimize inventory levels and production requirement.
• Liaise with suppliers regards to PO’s / delivery dates / PO’s.
Ensuring all communication is succinct and professional.
• Manage set category suppliers against KPI targets.• Produce KPI reports for the Purchasing Manager for review.
• Assist with project work set out by the Purchasing Manager & Senior Buyer.
• Identify areas of improvement in the supply chain and make suggestions or recommendations.
• Produce KPI reports for the Purchasing Manager for review.
• Communication liaison between the Stores & Purchasing Dept.
Ensuring all queries are acted upon in a timely manner.
• Working with stores implementing an effective perpetual stocktaking system.• Ensure all invoice queries are investigated and acted upon, informing finance of any inaccuracies.
General Administration• Filing• Other Ad hoc duties as reasonably requested.This job description is illustrative and is not exhaustivePurchasing Coordinator - Essential Attributes • Fully competent in Microsoft Packages (Word and Excel) • Excellent Customer and stakeholder relationship building skills • Able to work on own initiative.
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills • High attention to detail • High level of personal organisational ability • Be a team player • Professional approach • Honest • Self-motivated • Reliable • Good sense of humourPurchasing Coordinator - Desirable Attributes• Knowledge of the Epicor ERP System would be advantageous.
• Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous.Purchasing Coordinator previous suitable job titles: Purchasing Assistant, Purchaser, Junior Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Assistant BuyerPlease apply ASAP