Pharmacy Manager - Permanent - Hertfordshire
Maxxima have recently partnered with one of the UKs specialist provider of diagnostic and healthcare solutions.
We are currently looking for an experienced Pharmacy Manager, who can provide overall support for the clinical leadership of the service.
This post is based Hertfordshire, which is easily accessible via public transport.
About the role:
As a Pharmacy Manager, you will be working in a clinical and service development capacity to ensure the service in the hospital's pharmacy is planned, delivered and evaluated in line with evidence-based practice.
Working closely with the multi-disciplinary team to help create and maintain a robust service.
Your main responsibilities as a Pharmacy Manager:
- To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input to the care of the patients within the hospital
- To support the pharmacy department to delivery an excellent medicine management service to all customers
- To supervise the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines
- To Influence prescribing practice and medicines management within the Hospital
- To facilitate the daily running of the Pharmacy Department, providing a safe and effective medicines management service to all patients, staff, consultants and customers
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks
- Ensure accurate and timely charging of invoices
- Develop and implement Departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Support the Chief Pharmacist to implement and monitor any national guidance; i.e.
- To participate in audit activities, which will improve the quality of the services, provided by the department including medication incident reporting
What we are looking for in a Pharmacy Manager:
- A Degree in Pharmacy
- A Registration as a Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council (any existing or pending Fitness to Practice issues must be declared on application)
- Postgraduate Diploma relevant to hospital pharmacy practice is desirable but not essential
- Post registration experience of 2-3 years
- Clinical pharmacy experience in a secondary acute setting, or proven ability to transfer clinical skills into an acute setting
- Membership of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) - desirable
- Acute NHS Healthcare experience - desirable
- Acute Private Healthcare experience - desirable
If you are interested to hear more, either hit the APPLY NOW button or reach out to Shanice on 02033986694 or Shanice.Chapman@maxximagroup.com