Duty Criminal Solicitor
An exciting new opportunity has arisen in a firm with offices in Coventry and Nuneaton for an ambitious Solicitor in the Coventry Crime Department.
I am ideally looking for criminal solictors who are 3 years PQE but would also be willing to hear from newly qualified Solicitors as well.
The successful candidate will manage their own Criminal matters caseload and assist the Head of Department in complex matters.
You will need:
- Excellent case and time management
- Communication and organisational skills
- Proficiency in IT
- A polite and patient manner.
Our clients vision is to treat our staff and clients with respect, to be kind, helpful and excellent in offering and maintaining the highest levels of professionalism and service.
- Undertake fee earning work for clients in the field of Criminal Law to deal with all aspects of criminal work and represent clients both in court and at the police station
- To work in accordance with the Office Manual
- To promote the firm in all areas at all times including those in which they are not directly involved on a day-to-day basis
- To act at all times in an appropriate way as a member of the legal profession and to comply with all professional requirements as set by the Law Society from time to time
- To act as an advocate in court on a wide variety of cases
- To prepare cases for Crown Court and to represent clients at police stations
- To act as a Duty Solicitor
- To work outside office hours as necessary
Knowledge & Experience
- 3 years PQE experience as a Qualified Duty Criminal Solicitor we are also willing to hear from newly qualified solicitors
- Ability to manage a full working case load
- Flexibility to travel and work from any of our offices and attend Courts and police stations at different locations
- Ability to undertake that work in accordance with the requirements of the Office Manual
- Ability to motivate and supervise others
- Experience as a criminal practitioner for an appropriate period given the particular requirements of the role
- Ability to promote the increase of the work inflow for themselves and others through their own work, reputation, and personal contacts
- Ability to work within the discipline of office targets, budgets and billing requirements
- Sound knowledge of Criminal Law
- To undertake appropriate continuing education and training to update and retain that knowledge
- Knowledge of the professional requirements set by the Law Society running a private practice
- Higher Rights of Audience would be desirable