EARLY YEARS ASSESSOR - EAST/CENTRAL LONDON
Protocol are delighted to be working in partnership with a well-established Training Provider in the recruitment of an Early Years Tutor/Assessor in East/Central London.
Salary: Up to £32,000
Working Hours: Minimum of 3 days travel (expensable) + 2 days remote
Reporting to: Early Years Programme Manager
This post will holistically plan, co-ordinate, mentor and support on training and assessment for apprentices based in the Early Years Education sector.
These apprentices will be at levels 1-5.
Knowledge and experience from working in the Early Years Sector will be shared with apprentices to ensure they achieve their programme at the highest possible level and in a timely fashion.
• Complete skills reviews with apprentices and employers and identify skill and knowledge gaps
• Develop and take responsibility for the delivery of individual training plans tailored to candidate needs
• Maintain records relevant to individual candidates
• Undertake observations in the workplace
• Support the delivery of high-quality training to exceed awarding body quality standards, including functional skills, in the workplace as appropriate to the candidates’ requirements
• Assess Skills and behaviours and feedback to learners using the ePortfolio system.
• Develop individual action plans tailored to candidate needs
• Support the delivery of training using approved training resources in the workplace to cover Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours.
• English and Maths – Training, monitoring, supporting, recording and reporting to ensure successful completion
• Provide tutorial support including key training for the Apprentice (and Employer around Prevent and British Values), Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare, Safeguarding and any additional learning support requirements
Co-ordination and Support
• Monitor candidate progress and provide support in completion of portfolios, end point assessments and other evidence setting targets to ensure timely completion
• Detailing, monitoring, recording and reporting of ALS
• Supply information to employees and employers to support apprenticeship programmes
• Liaise with Line Manager’s to facilitate Reviews and appraisals
• Provide appropriate data and information regarding the programme and learners as required and contribute to the regular self-assessment monitoring process
• Take responsibility for the quality of the start-up pack (on-boarding) and evidence base for each apprentice
• Attend CPD and Standardisation events as appropriate (Possibly remotely)
• Support the apprentice and employer as part of the end Point Assessment process
• Complete all relevant documentation in order to progress the signing up and recording of new candidates on the programme
• Maintain documentation that records the progress of candidates on programme against specified targets
• Complete documentation in relation to visits to employers, candidate reviews, assessment visits and any other such appointments that evidence, support and maintain relationships with candidates and employers
• Ensure timely achievement of all students on programme and complete the required documentation to achieve Gateway and End Point Assessment
We are looking for a candidate that meets the following requirements for the role of full time Apprenticeship Tutor:
• Experienced apprenticeship Tutor who is qualified (TAQA/A1/CAVA)
• Qualifications which include L3 Early Years and a Level 5 qualification as a minimum
• Experience of working within an Early Years setting as either a room leader/supervisor/deputy manager or manager and/or experience of working within a school either on work experience while undertaking a qualification or through employment as a teaching assistant or teacher
• Clean driving licence
• Access to a car and willingness to drive up to a 2 hour radius
• Good IT skills
• L3 in Education and Training (Teaching quals)
• IQA qualification