Firmware Project Lead
Firmware Project Lead
We are currently partnering with a leading electronics business who enjoy continued growth and development within the company and part of that is the requirement for more skilled individuals-including this vacancy for a Firmware Project Lead.
This reputable and British premium brand manufacturer are part of a larger group, based in Wiltshire.
The Firmware Project Lead will work at the heart of the R & D team, managing the software development aspects of projects through to concept and production.
Key responsibilities as Firmware Project Lead:
- During the concept phase you will work with the innovation team, distilling ideas into a concrete feasibility plan.
You will then work with architects to create detailed specifications and user stories that the engineering team can work from.
- During the development phase you will help the team plan their workload and deliverables.
Meanwhile working with the wider business to ensure that software requirements are met for various stages of the product development cycle.
- Concept phase -work with teams to create the embedded software definition and development proposals
- Development phase- Break down requirements into detailed work units, working with developers to identify technical requirements.
- Project reporting -Keeping the progress of the project in check
- Third party Management -Communicating complex ideas to teams who may not operate in the same native language.
Sometimes overseas travel would be required
- Test and QA Working closely with the software test dept you will decide on test plans and strategies to improve quality.
Experience as Firmware Project Lead:
- An engineering background, with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline, ideally software of electronics related.
- A track record of delivering complex products that mix electronics and embedded software
- Project Management experience managing cross functional teams with complex dependencies, especially in the embedded software domain
- Proficiency in Atlassian tools, such as Confluence and Jira.
- A French speaking individual would be an advantage but not essential
Benefits for Firmware Project Lead:
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Company social events
- Employee discounts
This is a full-time permanent position for the successful Firmware Project Lead.
For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or email@example.com.