1st Line Support Engineer
Are you looking for a company that has clear career progression?
About the Company
A global Maritime Transportation company is looking for a 1st Line Support Engineer to join their London IT team.
You would be supporting local users as was as remote overseas users with their IT support issues.
This role currently has a shift working pattern as well as out of hours support for overseas users.
Shifts are 7am – 4pm, 8am – 5pm, 9am – 6pm.
Out of hours support is paid.
• Designing and installing computer hardware configurations.
• Installing and troubleshooting software and networking systems.
• Installing high-level software security systems.
• Training staff on newly installed hardware and software systems.
• Fixing hardware, software, and networking issues.
• Filing monthly reports for the IT Manager.
• Respond to queries either in person over the phone and remotely.
• Maintain daily checks on all necessary systems
Essential Skills and personal qualities
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a similar field.
• Extensive knowledge of computer hardware systems.
• Familiarity with general OS systems, Enterprise, programming languages, and Office software.
• Knowledge of LAN and wireless networks.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues.
• Knowledge of database and networking security systems.
Apply now to Just IT and we will review your application.
If you are suitable for the role, we will be in contact to discuss this opportunity.