Network and Communications Manager – London/Buckinghamshire/Oxfordshire (hybrid working)
Up to £75,000 PA
Network and Communications Manager sought by a well-known and public-facing organisation of circa 1200 IT end-users, with numerous sites spread across the county.
The business is involved in significant, complex and critical logistical operations, providing services to hundreds-of-thousands.
As Network and Communications Manager, you will assume responsibility for the management of reasonably complex Local and Wide Area Networks, WiFi, VPN’s and VoIP Telephony for the business.
You’ll be part of a new, highly capable IT team of circa 20, with circa 2-3 direct reports, supporting (in a hands-on capacity), complex IT Infrastructure and contributing to critical projects.
- Management and maintenance of all network hardware and equipment, establishing best practices for installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of network assets (hardware and software).
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for administrating network resources.
- Provide detailed Network Asset Management, together with documentation relating to network configuration and hardware / software assets.
- Design and implementation of strategic plans to ensure network capacity meets both existing and future requirements.
- Management of suppliers and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assist in development of BC / DR plans, responding to emergency network outages in accordance with those plans.
- Development and monitoring of KPIs and performance metrics relating to the network.
- Line management of a Network Engineer, providing guidance to the wider team where required.
- Management, configuration and hands-on troubleshooting experience of enterprise LANs, WANs, WLANs and VPNs
- Extensive experience with both Cisco and HP switches / firewalls
- CCNA / CCNP, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong technical knowledge of both network and PC operating systems.
- Monitoring experience, ideally utilising SolarWinds and PTRG.
- Implementation of SD-WAN solutions ( Paulo Alto or Meraki )
- Ideally you’ll also have experience working with Checkpoint firewalls
Offering up to £75,000 PA plus excellent benefits, including flexible working, free/subsidised travel on public transport and an industry leading pension scheme.
Location; Central London (or alternatively from other sites in Buckinghamshire or Oxfordshire), with occasional travel a requirement.
Due to the nature of the role, some out-of-hours work is expected.