Junior Tax Manager
Are you just starting your Tax career? Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Tax Manager to join their friendly team located in London.
Hybrid working available.
Job title: Junior Tax Manager
Location: London, SE18
* Hybrid working available (depending on experience and training needed).
Salary: £20,000 - £35,000 per year (Depending on experience) + Benefits (Listed below)
About our client:
Our client advises HNW individuals, landlords, businesses and corporates across a variety of industries in all areas of taxation.
This includes personal tax planning, succession planning, OMB taxation, Asset Structuring and trusts, Wills and probate.
As a medium sized firm, with 5 partners and over 30 members of staff, they are currently looking for a new member(s) to join their team.
They are looking to hire 1 or 2 individuals with various abilities and experience within personal and corporate tax.
The role can be fit around your skillset, so if you're just starting your career in the industry, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
About the role:
Working in their audit & accounts department; your main task will be to assist in the preparation of annual accounts for their clients.
You will be trained to do the following:
* Prepare sets of accounts
* Prepare VAT returns
* Update spreadsheets and databases
* Use excel and accountancy packages such as QuickBooks Online, Xero and Sage
* Deal with bank reconciliations
* Use their accounts production software - CCH Central
* Use of document management system - Virtual Cabinet
* Deal with other accounting and audit issues
* You may have to go to client's premises if required.
* You may also be required to carry out any other reasonable ad-hoc duties.
The ideal candidate:
Training towards the AAT qualification will give you the expertise to perform at a greater level and provide you with skills that will stay with you for life.
Our client values their trainees as their future, and so their training is provided by one of the top professional accountancy training organisations.
They need people who are keen to develop their communication skills whilst mastering both the technical and professional aspects of their work.
You'll have the technical skills to do the job, but just as important is the imagination and communication skills when engaging with clients.
* A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A* to C (including at least a grade B in Maths and C in English).
* At least 90 UCAS Points (excluding general studies) or equivalent.
* Meet the eligible criteria for the AAT Apprenticeship Scheme.
Benefits / Whats in it for you?
* Professional qualification: A valuable professional qualification gained through great practical experience.
* On-the-job training: A paid for linked study course and the chance to develop a wide range of individual skills.
You will have opportunities to attend lectures and in house training to develop practical and personal skills.
* Competitive Salary: Your salary package will be competitive and reviewed twice a year when your overall progress is assessed.
* Support: Your progress will be monitored by your manager and training partner who will be on hand to assist you with any problems.
Formal reviews are conducted twice a year.
* Hybrid working.
* Holiday: 31 days holiday (including bank holidays), which rises to 36 days after 5 years at the company.
To apply for our vacancy for a Junior Tax Manager, please click on apply and upload a copy of your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!