Associate Consultant - Non Life Actuary
Our client, a leading investment and pensions firm are recruiting an enthusiastic individual currently working towards their actuarial qualifications to join their growing team.
You will play a key role in growing non-life insurance within the organisation and receive study support whilst working towards your qualifications.
· Sound grounding in actuarial techniques and strong IT skills
· Knowledge of the requirements of Solvency II and familiarity with the relevant parts of the PRA and FCA handbooks
· Candidates are likely to be studying towards their UK actuarial qualification with proven, relevant experience
· Appreciation of risk management frameworks typically used by insurance businesses.
· Non-Life experience, with experience in reserving, capital and/or pricing processes, whether from an ‘in-house’ or consulting background
· Strong track record of delivering work on schedule.
· Flexible in approach and comfortable with working in a changing environment.
· Proven ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting demands.
· Strong personal values, including a commitment to professional and ethical behaviour.
· Collegiate worker with high emotional intelligence, able to establish rapport with colleagues.
· Enthusiasm for developing a strong network of contacts in the non-life insurance sector.
· Willing and able to travel where necessary, for example, to client meetings, networking opportunities and into designated office as part of a hybrid working model.
· Strong interest in IT, systems, software, coding, and data management would be beneficial.
· Supporting the identification and development of consultancy opportunities with new and existing clients
· Providing high quality support to insurance and reinsurance clients both in the UK and globally, either on a consulting basis or via secondment to the client, delivering projects on time and within budget
· Developing and maintaining a good relationship with nominated clients in the non-life sector, building a strong network of contacts in the insurance industry
· Collaborating across the IFS team, and with digital teams, to deliver on cross-practice projects
· Helping to promote insurance offerings to a wider audience, which includes supporting on the drafting of articles and presentations.
· A highly competitive salary
· Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 15271
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.