Location: Hackney, (E2)
Salary: Pro Rata £30,701 - £34,624
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: Immediate upon the completion of the pre-employment checks process
Our client is seeking to appoint a Librarian who is totally aligned to the values of Hard Work, Integrity and Kindness, and completely committed to mission: to ensure that every student will succeed at a good university or equivalent, thrive in their chosen field and live a great life.
The Academy is a truly exceptional school.
Their students' progress is consistently excellent for GCSE and A level, and superb personal development offer means that over the last few years.
* Excellent student behaviour and highly supportive Senior Leadership Team.
* An Achievement-oriented culture where students work hard, and it is cool to be smart.
* A warm/strict approach, meaning that high standards do not come at the expense of inclusion.
* The belief that teaching must be a sustainable profession: clear systems and structures, sensible approach to feedback and no 'late night culture.
The successful candidate will:
* Manage the day-to-day operations of the Academy's library.
* Promote the library's core services and lead in creating a whole-school environment which fosters a love for reading and encourages reading for pleasure.
* Support the quality of teaching and learning across the Academy by ensuring the library supports the academic development of students through various avenues.
* Work with staff members to ensure the library provides appropriate resources to support Independent Learning and other research activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Professional qualifications relevant to the role.
* At least 2 years' experience of working in a Library within an educational establishment or an Information Centre.
* Member of The Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals-CILIP is Desirable
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.