Key responsibilities and tasks
Provide information to the project manager, enabling accurate project planning, including providing detail of work packages, break down of tasks and estimates of the scale of the work required to complete the project
Lead the design and development activities relating to the project.
Providing technical guidance to the engineering resources assigned, including managing the flow of information from technical specialists undertaking work related to the project
Create and maintain specifications, project BOMs and other documentation required to deliver the technical content of the project.
Report on the technical content of the project to the Project Engineering Manager.
This includes holding regular reviews to ensure the right approach is being followed, and that any requirements for additional expertise are addressed.
Identify technical risks to the Project Manager and work on the appropriate strategies for risk management.
Provide technical support for the Project Manager in customer communications.
Work with the Project Manager to ensure that activities undertaken align with the customer requirements and project deliverables.
From time to time create project plans for agreed scopes of work
Track activities to project plans and budgets, regularly reporting to the Project Manager on progress
Raise purchase requisitions for purchasing to raise the purchase orders
Provide technical support for procurement, production and quality throughout the project lifecycle to ensure timely response to action items
Conduct engineering design as required for projects which could include calculations, schematic and concept designs.
Support the Project Manager, Project Engineering Manager or Programme Manager for New Business creating proposals
Undertake testing and commissioning of equipment
Ensure M processes and procedures relating to the project activities are followed, including ensuring design reviews are held, FMEAs are conducted and appropriate test plans are in place.
Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
Provide a professional backup service for colleagues during peak times or during absence.
Maintain continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
Act as an ambassador for the company in all interactions with customers and the public.
Qualifications, experience and skills
· HND or Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical Engineering or related subject
· Flexiblity, enthusiasm, self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative
· Able to build long-term successful client partnerships, both internally and externally
· Able to negotiate and influence others
· Decision-making / problem solving skills
· Strong presentation skills, confident speaker and professionally presented
· Experience of working on projects
· Practical competence in mechanical assembly
· Knowledge of BS.8888 drawing practices
· Experience of working within a Defence environment
· Previous experience of an ERP system
· Knowledge of ISO9000 or a similar QA system
· Experience within a lean manufacturing environment
Role travel requirements
· The duties of this appointment relate to the UK but you may be required to travel when required by the Company.
It is not envisaged that you shall be required to work outside the UK for more than one month.
· Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
· Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.