Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Our client has an exciting new vacancy for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor (QS) to join their established utility services business.
Job Role: Assistant Quantity Surveyor (QS)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per year + car allowance
Location: Balcombe, RH17 6PP
Sites: Kent and Sussex
About our Client
They are a family run, utility services business which has been in business for 50 years.
They are collaborative to their core, and they have built the business on delivering repeat business with their clients through consistent good performance and a reputation for being easy to deal with.
They listen to their clients, understand their objectives and work hard to deliver for them.
They have a deep understanding of their clients' networks, infrastructure and geography and they have a core competence of working in the Capital.
* Experience in a similar role
* Preferably Working towards Diploma or Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of NEC 3 & 4 Contracts
* Excellent numeracy skills
* Use of Microsoft Office applications - intermediate knowledge of Excel
* Confident and positive
* Committed and enthusiastic
* Accurate and timely provision of information
* UK Driving License
To assist in maintaining commercial control of Direct Labour, Subcontractors, Plant, Material, Consumable and Administration costs and Project Valuation; cost control and cost management and the validation of progress data to ensure accurate reporting to clients and central.
* Knowledge, understanding and administration of respective entitlements and obligations under the main contract and sub-contracts.
* Administration of contract records.
* Assisting the management of sub-contract payments including negotiation of subcontract variations and monitoring and reconciliation of contra-charge accounts.
* Collation of accurate information for monthly cost/ value reconciliations and contract reviews.
* Audit, agreement and reconciliation of measurements against systemised actuals.
* Weekly cost / value report generations.
* Assist with target cost generation.
* Assist with the production of financial and statistical reports as required.
* Close liaison with, and provision of assistance to, operational and support staff.
* Carry out any other duties appropriate to this post.
To apply to our vacancy for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor (QS), please click apply to upload your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.