Electrical Project Supervisor (Engineering)
Role: Project Supervisor (Electrical Engineering)
Salary: £Competitive + Company Benefits
Our client, an international leading manufacturing company based in Birmingham, is recruiting a Project Supervisor to join their rapidly expanding company.
As a Project Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading and providing project engineering support across all stages of project delivery including business need identification, project justification, execution through to commissioning, and final site acceptance testing and handover.
You will be expected to ensure that the highest standards are realised, these include
compliance and commitment to Health, Safety, and Environmental legislation, and project delivery is on time and within specification and budget.
You will also be required to take the lead on designated projects and work with other project team members, site engineers, other site departments, consultant designers, suppliers, contract labour, other services, and specialists as required.
Your role will include:
- Act as project lead for HV / LV and control elements, such as obtaining supplier tenders, tender assessments, and recommendations, assist with the final procurement process and placement of orders, act as supervising/lead engineer for the relocation of equipment
- Participate in the development of designs, assessments, and procurement processes for required key process plants.
Including recommendations on use of technology and use of controls
- Define and help produce the scope of supply with sufficient pre-engineering work to support
accurate project costs.
- To assist in the implementation of process improvements to existing plant
- Produce detailed cost estimates for the execution of revenue or capital projects.
- Correspond and conduct meetings with suppliers and progress chase their deliveries.
- Specify and check drawings required for the production of components and installation
- Project planning, programming of steps, preliminary through to installation work, i.e.
drawings, ordering, manufacturing, and progress reports.
- Supervision of project site work, coordinating trades and activities, including civil works with
technical support by others as required.
- Coordination of commissioning
- Help compile and issue operating instructions, documentation, drawings, and manuals.
- Liaison with Production, Maintenance Departments
- Financial controls – maintain the budget and best value at all times.
- Compliance with all legislation relevant or project work eg.
CDM requirements etc.
- Compliance with contractor control procedures
- Undertake any other duties deemed appropriate and within your competency as requested
by your line manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5 years experience within manufacturing/process or power generation environment
- HNC / Degree standard in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Project management experience preferably in a lead position
- PLC / DCS & process control experience
- Power generation
- Attention to detail
- Focused, Logical, and methodical
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit.
If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page.
This does not need to be formatted in the same manner.
In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...