Service Care Solutions are looking for Investigative coaches to work for a Police force in greater London, the role is a full time long term role, please see below for more information and to apply please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
Role: Investigative Coach
Wage: £233.57 per day
Clearance Required: Former police experience
London is home to almost nine million people across 32 boroughs.
Keeping them all safe and bringing criminals to justice depends almost entirely on the skills of our officers.
This is your opportunity to make sure that those solving the most serious and complex crimes in future will have the best possible start to their detective careers.
This crucial training role will see you support, advise and develop Trainee Detectives from a variety of policing backgrounds.
As part of a dedicated Learning and Development team for TDCs, you’ll coach and mentor each officer to complete the PIP 2 DC Programme successfully and pass on everything you’ve learned in your own career as a Detective.
You will meet all new officers and induct them onto the programme — agreeing a contract with them and setting monthly development meetings.
A live coaching document will ensure that notes of meetings, agreed actions and plans are open to scrutiny and allow for accountability.
Throughout, you’ll develop optimal performance of the officer, review and discuss incidents with them to support critical thinking skills to decide how incidents, crime scenes, investigations have gone and how they might approach similar situations in the future.
In addition, you’ll work with their line managers to gain a rounded view of needed development and learning.
To be eligible, you will need to evidence recent and detailed experience in the conduct of Police investigations and conducting interviews as a Detective Constable or Detective Sergeant in a PIP2 role.
You’ll also be able to call on a good working knowledge of criminal law and of the criminal justice system, and well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team will be key, while a coaching certificate would be ideal.
Essential For The Role, e.g.
qualifications, licenses, languages, training It is essential for the post holder to have: • Substantial and evidenced recent experience in the conduct of Police investigations and interviews as a Detective Constable or Detective Sergeant in a PIP2 role.
• A good working knowledge of criminal law and of the criminal justice system.
• A high level of interpersonal, written and oral skills.
• The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
• A methodical approach to work and the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• To have an awareness of equality and diversity issues in the working environment.
• A good working knowledge of the CRIS system.
It is desirable for the post holder: • To have an awareness and understanding of the PC to DC career pathway.
• To have recent experience of investigation within the Frontline Policing environment.
• Presentation skills.
• A working knowledge of EWMS, Merlin, COPA and CRIMINT systems.
• To have an understanding of data protection issues in criminal investigations.
• To have a flexible approach to problem solving.
• The ability to facilitate the development of others.
• Awareness of the various coaching & assessing techniques.
• Coaching certificate.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Reports To Learning & Development Detective Sergeant or Detective Inspector