Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Barton, Cambridge
Salary: TBC (Reasonable range in-line with the industry.
Private healthcare and a company pension scheme.
(While this is an office-based position, there will be some opportunity to work from home.)
Our client are recruiting for the role of Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
Candidates will have broad experience in highways and drainage infrastructure design.
The right candidate will be a senior figure in the infrastructure team, delivering projects from initial planning and feasibility through to detailed design and construction phases.
The team is based in their Cambridge office but delivers projects from both their Cambridge and London offices.
Civils & Drainage:
* Analysis of cut-and-fill and ground modelling.
* External level design.
* Preparation of surface water and SuDS drainage strategies for planning applications.
* Private and adoptable drainage designs.
* Foul and surface water flow and network analysis for gravity and pumped systems.
* Implementation of SUDs designs.
* Dialogue/negotiation with relevant third-party stakeholders.
* Drainage consents, approvals and Section 104/106 agreements.
* Preparation of flood risk assessments would be advantageous.
* Looking at all aspects of different junction designs for private and local authority schemes.
* Horizontal and vertical alignments design.
* Pavement specification and design.
* Sign specifications, white lining, swept path analysis and designing for deliveries.
* Traffic calming schemes.
* Designing for pedestrians including all types of cycleway and footway enhancements.
Key Skills :
* Will have led infrastructure design on an extensive range of projects for both technical and non-technical clients.
* Mentoring and development of other engineers, graduates and technicians on design concepts, engineering theories and best practice.
* Meeting with clients, key stakeholders and other professionals.
* Fully conversant with all key UK drainage and highway design standards.
* Competent use of AutoCAD, Microdrainage, AutoTrack, Civils 3D, PDS sign and line packages as well as Microsoft Office.
* Be able to prepare a range of civil engineering reports, including, but not limited to, drainage strategies, utility reports, technical notes and transport feasibility studies.
* Preparation of fee proposals and project briefing notes.
* You will be expected to be involved in business development, seeking opportunities to market the business and develop project opportunities.
* Preparation of Section 278/38 designs and agreements
* Monday to Friday (due to the nature of the business weekend work may be required with overtime being paid over and above salary).
If you are interested, please apply today!
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.