Up to £28,000 per annum pro-rata, depending upon experience and qualifications
20 to 25 hours per week with the potential to increase to full time, we are willing to consider any requests for flexibility
Age UK Gloucestershire's vision is to make our county the best place in the UK in which to grow older and we are recruiting exciting roles to help us do this!
It's a big aim - do you have the skills and passion to join us?
You will be responsible for ensuring month-end deadlines are met.
This includes processing payroll and submissions to HMRC.
You will lead on the reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts and bank accounts.
You will be responsible for the preparation and submission of monthly pension returns.
You will provide support with the preparation of monthly management accounts, provide cover and deputise for the Head of Finance & Resources.
You will be based at our offices in Barnwood, Gloucester.
However, there is the potential for hybrid working.
· Be a part-qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA), with at least 2 years recent experience in a financial or management accountant role, and ideally with experience of working in the charity or not-for-profit sector
· Have understanding of finance accounting IT systems, office 365 and sharepoint
· Have recent experience of processing monthly payroll, processing the journal and submission to HMRC
· Have advanced excel skills and the ability to use Vlookups, Sumifs and pivot tables
· Be able to reconcile bank accounts and balance sheets
· Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Be a team player, willing to support colleagues during busy periods, as well as work independently using your own initiative when required
· Be able to manage time effectively and prioritise conflicting demands to ensure key deadlines are met
· Be highly accurate with strong attention to detail In return, we offer great benefits, flexibility and the chance to be part of a growing local charity, which is making a difference to thousands of older people across Gloucestershire.
We offer great benefits, flexibility and the chance to be part of a growing local charity, which is making a difference to thousands of older people across Gloucestershire including;
* Enhanced Holiday Leave
* Flexible Working
* Health Cash Back Scheme
* Blue Light Card Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay
* Office Facilities including free onsite parking
Sound like you?
Please click the apply button to submit your CV in the first instance.
Closing Date: 20th February 2023.
Due to the volume of applications expected, we have the right to close applications early.
We are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community we serve, at all levels of the organisation.
We therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.
If you think the role is for you but you don't meet all the essential criteria, please apply anyway and tell us how your skills are transferable.