Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Salary: £37,000 - £45,000 per annum
Our client are one of the world's leaders in explosives, demolition and drilling and blasting.
They have enjoyed a reputation for effective solutions, technological innovation and high-quality customer service.
They produce itonnes of explosives annually, and have multiple subsidiaries in different tcountries around the world, with activities across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Today, they manufacture and supply a range of commercial explosives and tailor-made services.
Their customer base includes many leading names in mining, cement, aggregates, civil engineering and defence.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient process design, installation, commissioning, maintenance and decommissioning of all processes, and utilities under the control of the Rough Close Works site.
* Lead the site maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multiskilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure.
* Responsible for planning, scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out.
* Increase the site operational effectiveness, improve on project delivery, manage, and implement improvement plans, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI) ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
* Manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading the department.
* Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training working practices and processes.
* Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
* Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site
* Develop Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
* Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximising planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime.
* Optimise equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems are undertaken
* Ensure that designated buildings, plant, and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support / solutions when required
* Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure
* Manage system and equipment data storage and maintain high levels of standards and accuracy.
* Manage the process of introduction of new machinery, plant, and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with relevant parties
* Manage, coach, and develop a high performing maintenance team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results,
* Input and hold responsibility for maintenance budget
* Relevant manufacturing / engineering degree is preferred or HND, BTEC Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVW Level 5 qualification
* Membership of an appropriate professional body such as the Institute of Manufacturing
* Extensive plant level experience with significant proven man management experience
* Technical capability and understanding
* Experience of managing Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibilities for maintenance
* Understanding of manufacturing and procurement / supply chain
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Excellent leadership and man management skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to manage a variety of cross functional team members
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Excellent organisation and follow up skills
* Competent in problem
* Monday to Friday
* Permanent, full time
* Bonus Scheme
* 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
* Pension Scheme (Employer 10% / Employee 8%)
* 4 x Life Insurance
* Private Health Insurance (Employee & Partner - Children can be covered at additional cost)
Important Information: We endeavor to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.