Principal structural engineer
Principal structural engineer
Salary: £50K-£58K dependent upon experience
Our client is an independent engineering and surveying consultancy.
They have been in business for over 37 years with multiple offices in the UK.
They offer civil and structural engineering expertise, ground investigation, health and safety services and building surveying as well as other specialised services and consulting support.
They provide innovative, effective and timely solutions on construction industry projects of an ever increasing scale and complexity nationwide.
They have established a broad client base with projects ranging from small residential properties through to vast commercial developments.
They are looking for an Principal structural engineer to join their expanding team in their Leicester office.
* Undertake structural design on a wide variety of civil and structural engineering projects within the commercial, residential, industrial and education sectors on projects up to £30 million in value.
Attributes and Key Skills
* Hold a BEng/MEng qualification and have a minimum of 7 years post graduate experience
* Be chartered or working towards your chartership status through IStructE or ICE
* Have design experience and structural analysis skills in all common structural materials including steel, concrete, timber and masonry
* Be proficient in relevant engineering design software
* Have excellent communication skills
* Be able to manage numerous projects and allocate resources to meet deadlines
* Manage a team of project engineers and technicians accordingly
* Confidently represent the company at meetings and liaise with clients, consultants and contractors
* Write accurate reports and project documentation
* Be a positive team member
* Have a full driving licence and own transport
* Attractive salary with the prospect of development within a growing company
* Contributory pension scheme
* Loyalty to employees - 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
An extra day per year will be awarded up to a maximum of 5 days
* Opportunity to develop your career with continued support and investment in your personal development
* IStructE and ICE chartership mentoring
* Membership to professional institutions funded by the company
* Working from home policy
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.