Systems Control Engineer
Job title: Systems Control Engineer
Location: Lathom, Lancashire
Salary: £45,000-50,000 per annum
We're looking for a talented Systems Control Engineer to work for our client.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
In the Systems Control Engineer role you'll be primarily responsible for supervising the installation and commissioning phases.
Travel is an integral part of the role and will consist of short design trips as well as trips of around 6 weeks at a time.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Providing leadership and contributing to company environmental, health and safety standards in compliance with company policies to ensure a safe working environment and the minimisation of environmental impact
- Ensuring standards, specifications and guidelines pertaining to discipline conform to the requirements of relevant industry legislation, standards, and guidance
- Liaising with and manage interfaces with other engineering disciplines to develop full system designs
- Preparing and managing the preparation of design deliverables for ot (operational technologies): basic design specifications, user requirement specifications, functional design specifications & functional test specifications
- Preparing and managing the technical specification for installation of control systems including the creation of cable block diagrams and cable schedules
- Developing and implementing in house technical solutions for specialist equipment
- Providing technical expertise and leadership within the department for ot including obsolescence management
- Responsibility for the technical aspect of the procurement of equipment and tendering of installation contracts
- Managing project spend in accordance with approved budgets
- Factory acceptance testing: review and advise corrective actions for manufacture, assembly and test issues
- Management of onsite installation in assuring meeting of safety, quality and schedule objectives of project
- Commissioning of all systems within scope.
This may be both management of suppliers or hands on commissioning of equipment
- Production and completion of all commissioning documentation
- Planning of contract electrical and control design activities to achieve project deadlines
- Using continuous improvement methodologies to promote built in engineering quality concepts into standard work
- Preparing & executing project documentation in accordance with good documentation practices support
- Providing technical support for ot & control related equipment post installation for manufacturing sites
The ideal candidate for this Systems Control Engineer role will have relevant experience of process control network design.
You'll also need experience of:
- SCADA system/ hmi configuration
- Detailed design, factory acceptance testing and commissioning
- Ot/it interface
- Ethernet switch configuration
- Programmable logic controllers (plcs
- Windows os installation, security and configuration
In addition, you'll need the following:
- An education to degree level
- Effective prioritization of projects and tasks to ensure delivery on time and within budget
- Pro-activity and the ability to work on your own initiative, ready to identify problems and quickly report them/provide solutions
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Exceptional interpersonal and team-working skills with a natural enthusiasm and an ability to work hard
- Self - starter who drives for results
- GE iFix SCADA software
- Hirschmann network equipment
- Control panel design
- Camera & vision systems
- Schneider/ Allen Bradley PLC programming experience
- Structured troubleshooting of PLC, HMI and SCADA software
- Knowledge of Ethernet based control protocols such as ModbusTCP, EthernetIP
- Experience of hazardous area specifications and standards
- Distributed control systems
- Feasibility studies
- Budget preparation
- Project control or management experience
- Responsible position in an industrial environment
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Software Developer, Quality Assurance Engineer or as an Instrumentation Engineer.
Basic salary: Up to £50,000 per annum
- Flexible working policy offering a mixture of home and office working
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday salary exchange scheme
- Employee discount schemes
- Pension with up to 8% employer contribution
- Management incentive plan
- On site fitness activities and events
- Corporate memberships
- On site car parking and canteen
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture.
They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Systems Control Engineer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.