Head of Product
Role: Head of Product Location: Hybrid Working - Oxford Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 + 10% bonus and 10% pension What the role is An opportunity for a Senior Product Manager to join my client's team in a Head of Product role, responsible for the delivery of software and hardware products, working closely with engineering teams (Hardware and Software development, QA, Program) and commercial teams (Sales, Customer Support and Marketing).
The Head of Product will determine the strategy of the product team, as well as looking into departmental processes and procedures with a goal of improving successful product delivery, effective interdepartmental communications and providing consistent department methodology. Who we are looking for You will currently be a Senior Product Professional within a technology environment, being able demonstrate a strong background in product management, dealing with B2B clients. Your focus will be to lead, motivate and inspire the global product management team who manage the companies market products.
Responsibilities • Lead the product team in the delivery of hardware and software products • To continuously improve processes • Liaise with departments to ensure the Product department is supporting the needs of the business.
• Communicate with C-Level management to report on the progress of the product department including the proposal of new product visions • Create and review product visions including financial analyses for new market and product opportunities.
• Create, maintain, and present product roadmaps.
• Work closely with the Program Team to optimize the use of available resource to help achieve on time delivery of the product roadmap.
Experience • At least 5 years of product experience in a technology environment • Experience of B2B in an SME environment.
• At least 2 years of leadership experience in an international environment and across multiple sites.
• Experience of hardware, application software and embedded software products.
• Experience with both engineering teams and senior stakeholders.
• Strong people and motivational skills.
• Strong analytical, strategic, and coordinating skills.
• Engineering and/or technical background This is a permanent role, hybrid working, which will require a regular presence in the head office (Oxford).
Candidates must be passionate about working with products and also have good experience at a strategic level.