VAG Service Technician
VAG Service Technician
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Salary: £29,964 per annum OTE
My client supplies new and used cars nationally, and the business is driven by customer satisfaction in the service and repair of motor vehicles of all types.
They are now hiring for a VAG Service Technician to carry out servicing and repairs in a safe and economical manner.
Your main role will be to carry out servicing and repairs in a safe and economical manner.
The Job Role:
* You will be directly responsible to the Service Manager
* Safety, economy, and accuracy of work, including that of any assigned apprentice.
* To employ such knowledge and skills as may be required to test vehicles and diagnose faults.
* To maintain the integrity of all product information.
Main Job Functions:
* To road test vehicles and diagnose problems as and when required by the Service Receptionist.
* To carry out routine servicing, MOT tests, warranty repairs, diagnosis of vehicle problems and general maintenance of vehicles as required.
* To maintain and develop skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of franchise vehicles.
* To take an active part in upholding the company Health and Safety policy.
* To be conversant with all Manufacturer technical literature and information bulletins.
* To keep work area and protective clothing clean, tidy and in a safe condition in order to uphold the Manufacturers and company image.
* To ensure vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customer and that faults have been reported and noted on the job card.
* To talk directly to customers when required.
* To undertake Manufacturers training courses as advised by the Service Manager.
To notify Aftersales Manager of damage or breakdown of workshop equipment or tooling.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* To have served a recognised apprenticeship and / or to have undertaken manufacturers training courses
* To have experience in the servicing and repair of motor vehicles.
* Time served Technician - Minimum 3 years dealership experience.
* MOT Qualification - gives an additional increment of 0.50 in hourly rate
Benefits and Culture:
* Company events
* Company pension
* On-site parking
* Monday - Thursday 08.30am - 17.00pm Friday
* 08.30 - 16.00pm Saturday
* 08.30am - 12.30pm Rota basis
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.