Location: Monmouthshire / Hybrid
Salary: £35,000 per annum
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has organically developed within our client's busy Practice for a qualified Planning Consultant to join their friendly, professional and hardworking team to take on the role of 'Planning Sector Manager' to manage and lead the growth of the planning consultancy sector within the firm.
This new role provides for an exciting scope of rural planning consultancy instructions including residential site promotion work, under the direction of the Head of Planning & Land Promotion.
This role involves a range of general rural & residential planning application work ranging from small to medium scale residential developments, barn conversions, replacement dwellings, lawful development certificates, infill plots, rural enterprise dwellings and projects and change of use applications in addition to LDP (Wales)/LP (England) promotion and project management of residential promotion sites.
* Managing the day to day running of the planning consultancy sector of the business and some staff management.
* Preparation of planning applications and project management of client instructions including working closely with existing and new third-party consultants (i.e.
ecology, landscape, architecture) to bring together supporting technical documentation;
* Working with other members of the planning and development team to manage minor and major live planning application instructions from pre-application advice stages through to securing planning approval;
* Assist with developing the firm's residential development promotion work for small to medium residential development opportunities;
* Proactively monitor identified Local Plans and Local Development Plans stages for identifying opportunities to promote land and working under the direction of the Head of Planning & Land Promotion;
* Undertake residential development appraisals of client landholdings to identify development land promotion opportunities.
* Identification, development and pursuit of new business opportunities and client instructions in the planning and development sector to assist the department in securing future instructions;
Essential Attributes for Candidates:
* A relevant RTPI accredited planning degree or transferrable related degree subject and/or relevant planning/development consultancy experience;
* Ideally Chartered Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (Or working towards it);
* Relevant post qualification experience in planning consultancy (3 - 5 years minimum ideally);
* A sound working knowledge of planning law, policy and procedures at a national and local level in both England and Wales;
* Experience in the delivery of accurate / tailored and professional planning related advice;
* Proven ability to efficiently manage planning related projects including financial project budgets;
* Capability to work alongside others in a team environment and co-ordinate a range of technical specialists providing input into planning submissions;
* Existing consultancy experience is an advantage, as is a need to demonstrate a commercially astute and savvy approach to all elements of business and private practice work.
This is an exciting opportunity for Planner who are looking for their next career move.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.