Service Care Solutions are looking for a Payroll Officer on an 6-month contract within the Notts Police.
Job Role/Purpose: To underpin the delivery of the Force goals, by ensuring that all resource is in the right place at the right time, performing at the required standard.
· Ensure the entire payroll functions required to pay the 4000 employees of the force, each month, are carried out accurately and on time.
Liaising with payroll suppliers, personnel teams, employees, and other outside bodies such as the HM Revenue & Customs, Benefits agencies etc · Be responsible for ensuring that all notifications received into the section are correctly authorised and in line with Force Regulations and audit requirements.
· To facilitate a central point of contact for all Police and Local Government Pensions queries for both police officers and staff ensure pension regulations are always met.
· To maintain an up to-date working knowledge of HM Revenue & Customs legislation affecting all statutory payments and deductions to calculate net pay for Police Officers and Police Staff.
· To fully understand and be able to apply Police Regulations, Police Staff Terms and Conditions, Force Policies, and local agreements in relation to pay, overtime and allowances.
· To communicate at all levels with all parties to challenge instructions and answer pay and allowance queries internally and with outside agencies.
· To interpret and apply regulations and force policies giving advice and guidance to divisions and line managers on all payroll matters.
· To partner with our People Services Department to always ensure accuracy and be able to offer advice for quick and effective remediation of queries.
· To schedule workloads including overtime data, payrolls and expenses run in line with agreed timetables and deadlines.
· Liaise with the People Services and finance teams over the efficient sharing of payroll and human resources data for the benefit of the Force.
· To participate in the Force PDR process and take responsibility for identifying your own professional and career development needs.
Work Experience: · The post holder must have 3 years previous experience in a payroll office.
· The post holder must have a thorough understanding of Inland Revenue legislation in relation to pay and deductions.
· The post holder must have experience of gross to net calculations, Statutory Sick, Maternity, Paternity pay, tax credits, student loans and court orders.
· The post holder must have experience and knowledge of computer-based payroll systems, including integrated HR & Payroll, spreadsheets, word processing, data bases and reporting tools.
Skills: · Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and will be confident when challenging and/or disseminating advice and concise guidelines.
· The post holder must be highly motivated, self-confident, enthusiastic, and able to work with on their own initiative with the minimum of supervision and as part of a team · The post holder must be able to prioritise workloads and can work to strict deadlines · Be willing and able to participate in the training of new members of staff to the section.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O’Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962.
Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.