Night Support Worker
We have an exciting opportunity for a Night Support Worker to join our team.
Job Title: Night Support Worker
Location: Hemingbrough, YO8 6RA
Salary: £10 - £10.50 per Hour + Benefits listed below
* Overtime - outside contractual hours (40hrs) £10.50 per hour
* Sleep shift £50 per shift
Action for Care is a private company providing high quality accommodation and personal care for individuals who have a learning disability with additional complex needs including autism, ASD, challenging behaviour, epilepsy, communication difficulties and mental health support.
Our residential care services are currently provided within the North-east and North and west Yorkshire regions.
Our service users live in spacious modern houses accommodating between 6 and 8 individuals with 24 hour support.
We are currently recruiting for full and/or part time waking night vacancies.
You will work as part of a dynamic and diverse team of individuals to meet people's needs in a person-centred way, supporting a group of eight adults with a Learning Disability, complex needs, challenging behaviours and/or Autism.
Each of our services supports 6-8 adults in a residential setting.
The role involves always treating people with dignity and respect and supporting people:
* to lead safe, fulfilling lifestyles
* to achieve personal goals and aspirations
* to be as independent as possible
* to learn new and maintain existing life skills
* to maintain relationships with family and friends
* to reach their full potential with a variety of experiences
* to meet their individual, personal care, and hygiene needs.
* providing high levels of emotional support
The role also involves:
* Regularly updating and keeping records to a high standard
* Completing a comprehensive training programme
* Undertaking domestic and infection control tasks
* Working within a framework of policies and procedures
* Will be responsible for the welfare and security of the service users through the night.
* S/he will also be responsible for the security of the building.
* The successful applicant will need to liaise with the day care staff and also to contact senior members of staff during the night should an emergency occur.
* S/he will also be responsible for laundry work and minor caretaking duties.
* In the morning, prior to handover to the day staff, the night officer will be requested to assist in the preparation of service users breakfasts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* To be responsible for the general welfare and security of service users as night-time.
* To comfort those service users unable to sleep and to deal professionally with incidents concerning service users' wellbeing.
* Exchange information with Care Officer staff team and liaise closely with sleep-in staff.
* To assist with settling in the service users at night-time and with getting up and breakfast preparation in the morning.
* To render personal assistance and minor first aid should the need arise.
* During the hours of night-time, ensure all service users' laundry is undertaken on a daily basis.
* Carry out general repairs to clothing, sewing, darning, replacing buttons and the like.
* Be responsible for building security during the working hours, ensuring all exterior doors are locked.
* Undertake minor caretaking duties.
* In the event of an emergency or crisis beyond the scope of the post holder, contact senior member of staff on call for advice or assistance.
* Any other job related duties that may from time to time be requested by the Manager.
We provide full PPE for work to always to ensure safety of all staff and the individuals we support
Training and Induction:
All training is provided, and induction will be provided to ensure you feel confident in supporting the individuals.
We also include an agreed shadow period which allows direct visual learning alongside established staff and time to read support plans for all the individuals.
It also gives each individual time to get to know you and for you to build a relationship with them.
* Bank Holiday will be paid at time and a half rate of £15.00 per hour
* Christmas & New Year will be paid at double time rate of £20.00 per hour
* 28 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays).
Following one years' service, an additional days annual leave is given for your birthday.
* Free access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
* Free training including access to diploma's (accredited qualifications).
* Development opportunities within the organisation for career progression, we always prefer to develop staff internally where possible from support worker to seniors, deputies and to managers.
* Free parking onsite.
* When supporting service users in the community on activities, lunch is provided.
To apply for our vacancy for a Night Support Worker, please click on Apply and upload a copy of your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.