Test Engineer Lead
Service Care Solutions are looking for a Test Engineer Lead on an remote basis barring office visits to Swindon once or twice a month.
Duties • Assess and advise on the appropriateness of testing process alternatives.
• Report on the effectiveness of testing for the programme and recommend improvements where appropriate.
• Set and control the entry and exit criteria for testing (including agreeing success criteria).
• Evaluate risk potential of software under test based on the results of the testing during all stages of the project.
• Manage risks associated with testing and take preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
• Liaise with UKRI Business Analysts for any requirement/operational clarifications.
• Liaise with UKRI IT suppliers as required to ensure complete systems test coverage is jointly achieved.
• Close working with Line Management and the Project Manager to ensure required test gates are met for project delivery.
• Manage stakeholder relationships outside of the core programme team and set expectations with respect to all testing matters.
• Identify where external SME’s or business test resources will be required.
Plan and arrange support to ensure that programme plans will be achieved.
• Ensure 100% requirements coverage and traceability through testing.
• Participation in requirements workshops as required.
• Ensure that test incidents are raised and documented in accordance with the agreed process.
• Maintain the integrity of the test environment during test execution.
• Provide estimates with reasonable accuracy of the effort required to complete testing tasks.
You’ll have relevant experience in: • Experience creating a Test Strategy for a programme or large project and managing its implementation.
• Experience in Test management in software implementation projects.
• Demonstrable skills in risk & issue management • Experience overseeing the work of third-party test teams • Excellent leadership qualities • Good business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges • Experience with all aspects of the testing lifecycle and test automation: functional, system, perfor-mance, stress, etc.
• Knowledge of software best practices like test-driven development (TDD), behavioural driven development (BDD) continuous integration and continuous deployment.
• Whole software life cycle test management experience.
• Proven ability to build effective relationships with third party suppliers and employees.
• Strong team working skills.
• Understanding of a variety of testing methods including the current / latest testing methods and tools.
• Ability to apply a risk-based methodology across the fundamental test process such as in the creation and execution of test plans.
• Plan and prioritise all testing activities in alignment to operational objectives and to agreed deliverables• Strong communication, both written and verbal.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
• Able to take personal accountability for progress and reporting.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Self-awareness with a high level of professionalism.
• Good technical knowledge.
• Resilient under pressure.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion please contact Chris Wheeler either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01772208962.
Alternatively if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested please feel free to refer them, as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.