Deputy Manager - London
Salary: £24, 826.88 + Benefits
32 hrs per week
Our client is an established charity providing person-centred support to adults affected by and recovering from mental health conditions.
Support is provided to people in accommodation that meets their needs, including residential 24 hour staffed services and semi supported accommodation.
Based across two supported living units in Balham and tooting.
The service consists of 20 service users in total and 10 staff.
The Deputy Manager will work alongside Registered Care/Service Manager to ensure the effective and safe running of the unit.
* Be responsible with the Registered Manager for maintaining standards in the service and ensuring the service meets CQC requirements (or similar regionally relevant standards) and notifying the manager of any issues affecting the quality of service.
* To play a key role in developing and promoting a recovery focussed service for all service users, including assessments and reviews.
* To be available for colleagues to offer advice and guidance on clients changing mental health, promoting recovery and supporting relapse management.
* To deputise for the Registered Manager/Service Manager as directed.
* To work flexibly across the service as part of the 'on-call' rota.
* To work across other regional units as required.
* To lead on activity programmes at the service/s.
* Stay abreast of all documentation within the service that relates to quality and CQC standards (or similar regionally relevant standards) and under the guidance of the manager be active in implementing changes to ensure quality.
* To closely observe and work with company policies in particular Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Confidentiality and Equal Opportunities.
* To assist the manager in day to day tasks where requested to ensure a high standard of support for the service users.
* Working alongside the registered manager, assess new referrals and their suitability for the service.
* To assist with the management and leadership of the staff team, where directed.
* Encourage service users to contribute to the communal life of the service.
* Promote the best interests of service users to enable informed choice in order to support recovery.
* Completion of safeguarding reporting and associated documentation.
* Oversee and monitor the opportunities for service users to access social, leisure and educational opportunities to further promote positive outcomes.
* At all times maintain best practice and appropriate confidentiality.
* Under the guidance of the registered manager to be a key point of contact to liaise with all professionals to include: Social Workers/CPNs/Drs/Consultants etc.
to ensure that all service users are receiving support appropriate to their needs.
* Provide relevant updates for matters that may affect the service user in any way to your line manager/other partners/stakeholders.
* To be aware of health and safety procedures and inform the staff team of issues and measures that need to be taken to ensure a safe service is delivered.
* To report observed repairs and maintenance matters to the manager and head office and encourage all staff to inform you of repairs and maintenance issues.
* As required by the manager, conduct supervisions with operational staff to ensure the performance and conduct of staff is kept at CQC/HSE regulatory standards.
* Coach/support operational colleagues in all aspects of their performance and behaviours, ensuring all observations and changes are communicated and recorded appropriately.
* 'Lead by example' and ensure that staff are aware of Company policies and procedures by using policies as a performance framework.
* Keep daily contact with operational staff on shift and maintain and appropriate good communication (taking full consideration of confidentiality and GDPR requirements).
* As requested by the manager, organise and manage the staff rota, ensuring that all appropriate staff cover is maintained at all times.
* To collate and create reports that are accurate and professionally presented.
* Take joint responsibility (with manager) for petty cash handling and enter all movements of cash in accordance with finance procedure and guidance.
* Undertaking a variety of audits in a timely and accurate way.
* To write reports and monitoring documents regarding service users identifying clinical areas to their management and relevant referral agencies, as required.
* Ensure accidents and incidents are recorded in accordance with Company policy/process.
* Overseeing timesheets and maintaining records of hours worked, including completing any HR/payroll-related reports.
* Be available and flexible to respond to any reasonable requests that may be required of the Deputy Manager.
Important Information: We endeavor to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulation 2003.