Canny Construction Solicitor
COOL CONSTRUCTION LIT SOLICITOR (c5-6PQE)
LOVELY LONDON TOWN
Our client a respected commercial practice based in London is seeking an intelligent and ambitious Construction Litigation Solicitor (c5-6PQE) to join a developing and friendly Construction & Projects team.
The TEAM has several partner and associates in it, divided into two sub-teams (contentious and non-contentious).
About three-quarters of the TEAMs work is contentious.
Clients include developers, major corporations, funders, contractors, sub-contractors, construction consultants, local authorities, registered providers of social housing and PFI consortia.
The TEAM’s work for Registered Providers involves them in some of the largest construction disputes in the social housing sector which are often in the spotlight of the national media.
The TEAM is looking for an ambitious construction solicitor, who is prepared to work hard and go the extra mile, to hit the ground running and make your mark within a thriving construction department.
• Have a circa 5-6PQE contentious construction experience, of working within the property arena coupled with some non-contentious experience.
• Have worked, since qualification, as a full-time construction solicitor;
• You will have a strong academic background, ideally gaining a 2:1 at degree level and a postgraduate course in construction law will be advantageous;
• You will have a thorough understanding of the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996, the Scheme for Construction Contracts (England & Wales) Regulations 1998 and the Civil Procedure Rules;
• You will be proactive and prepared to work independently and intelligently exercise your own judgment with minimal supervision always adopting a can-do attitude;
• You will enjoy client contact and have excellent interpersonal skills;
• You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with experience of drafting submissions in adjudication proceedings;
• You will be experienced in running your own files;
• Be able to identify key issues in most complex cases, understand the commercial / business parameters within a case and reflect that in advice to clients;
• Be commercially aware, proactive and able to convey clear and concise information to clients and external organisations;
• Have a high attention to detail to produce work / documentation which is consistently of a high standard;
• Have a flexible approach to work to ensure client deadlines are always met and clients are communicated with on a consistent and regular basis;
• Be comfortable taking a collaborative and collegiate approach to matters, recognising that one can always learn new skills as well as imparting knowledge to others;
An excellent opportunity to garner first class experience at the ‘sharp end’ of the law in this small collegiate team developing your career and legal practice with clear routes to partnership.
If you would like to speak with our retained Consultant ANDREW NELSON in respect of this position or similar vacancies, or if you would like a discussion about your career or the market in general please do call us in the strictest confidence.
WORKS FOR YOU – LEGAL WORKS
Legal Works Recruitment
#Constructionlaw #constructionlit #solicitor #constructionsolicitor
Legal Works Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.