Rough Sleeper Worker
We are working with a Local Authority based in Berkshire who are recruiting for a Rough Sleeper Worker to work as part of the rough sleeping team.
This is initially a temp role with the possibility of going temp to fixed term / perm.
The Service aims to reduce the overall number, and impact, of people rough sleeping in the locality.
The Outreach Worker will identify and work with individuals through the delivery of a street based daytime and evening assertive outreach service.
To be responsible and accountable for the effective delivery of high quality outreach services for rough sleepers and those at risk of homelessness/sofa surfing etc; • Conduct regular, one to one targeted street outreach provision • Respond to referrals within a reasonable time frame • Undertake an assessment of needs and risk to ensure client’s individual needs are identified and met • To respond to immediate needs and risks by engaging rough sleepers with relevant health and support services • Enable clients to relocate or return to their home/area, involving specialist agencies where necessary • Promote rights, choice, dignity and independence; Always working within appropriate professional boundaries • This role will involve working outside of normal office hours, e.g.
evenings, weekends and occasional, ‘night walks’ with other Agencies, in line with rough sleeper counts etc .
• Maintain an excellent working knowledge of available resources for clients • Maximise the opportunities available for clients through development of partnerships with external/internal; providers • To adhere to and contribute to maintaining safe systems of work and a safe environment, in particular Lone Working procedures • Maintain clear, concise and accurate records of work undertaken and all contacts relating to each client.
• Develop positive working relationships with clients in order to facilitate the best possible outcomes and to address issues of social isolation and exclusion • To carry out all necessary administration in relation to the casework task.
• To complete and submit regular reports to the Scheme Coordinator as directed, including a monthly report for the services provision.
• To carry out, within reason, any other duties necessary to the smooth running of the project.
• Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
Interested ? Please email me your CV as a matter of urgency if so.