TIG Welder/PIpe Fitter
TIG Welder/Pipe Fitter
Salary: £38000 Per Annum
Our client is a leading stainless steel manufacturing company specialising in the designing, manufacturing and installation of stainless-steel process pipe work, vessels, tanks and turnkey solutions in the Brewing, Distilling, Food & Beverage, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industries.
Our client approach is to provide innovative ideas and attention to quality by offering creative solutions which exceed clients' expectations.
* Read and interpret welding blueprints, schematics, and codes.
* Carry out preventative maintenance and repair of piping systems and metal structures.
* Oversee the selection and procurement of materials and equipment required for TIG welding.
* Measure and align workpieces using straightedges, clamps, and callipers.
* Fill ducts with water air and submerge in water to identify pipe leakage.
* Ensure compliance with established health safety policies and regulations.
* Carry out grinding and thermal cutting operations to obtain various textures and sizes for metal parts.
* Operate power and hand tools such as arc welders, buffing machine, and scrapers.
* Maintain good working knowledge of the welding characteristics of metals such as stainless steel, aluminium, and titanium.
* Ensure welding operations meet set specifications and construction requirements.
* Oversee the training and mentoring of new and trainee TIG welders.
* Conduct radiographic and bend tests to verify the quality of weld.
* Should be a qualified TIG Welder/Pipe Fitter
To become a qualified TIG welder:
* You require some technical training; a precedent to welding certification.
* An apprenticeship program that you can get into.
* You can opt for a welding engineering degree
* Several years of welding experience is also required.
* You should be able to operate the gas and non-gas welding device in carrying out welding duties.
* Proficient in using various measurement tools to establish the configuration or position of a welding plan.
* Assess metal structures to identify and initiate repair of damaged welds.
* Terms: Full time 40 hours
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.