Lead Technical Author
Lead Technical Author - Remote Working
Salary: £35k - £40K (flexibility for the right candidate) + Pension + Flexible Working Hours + Family Events Perkbox + Childcare Vouchers + cycle to work scheme + Career Progression
Our client is a leading supplier of Technical Authoring, Training, NATO Codification, Inventory Optimisation, Obsolescence Management and Integrated Logistic Support services to government, industry and commercial clients throughout UK and Europe.
Their unrivalled track record spans over many years, providing a unique mix of capabilities which make them a provider of choice to many organisations.
They are looking for a Lead Technical Author to work on Land programmes, working with their clients to support the MOD across a wide range of projects across various disciplines.
Primarily working from home, with occasional visits to the company office (Stonehouse) or customer's sites, working as a part of the Technical Publications Department you will be responsible for the creation and update of technical publications in accordance with standards and specifications relevant to customer requirements.
The lead author will report to the Technical Publications Manager and be responsible for:
* Successful delivery of assigned technical documentation projects, and their effective project management.
* Collating and interrogating source data in order to assess the impact to technical publications
* Identifying relevant stakeholders in order to create or update technical publications in line with the client's requirements
* Managing workloads effectively and efficiently to meet the demands of the programmes utilising available resource as necessary to facilitate amendments and production of new technical publications.
* Delivery of technical publications for engineering governance, within agreed timescales and to agreed company and customer acceptable quality standards
* Providing support for technical queries regarding technical publications, from both internal and external stakeholders
* Providing regular updates on the progress of all technical publication tasks as required.
* An extensive engineering and/or Defence background with at least two years' authoring experience
* The ability to produce concise and accurate operating and maintenance manuals from a variety of source information, including engineering drawings
* Ability to work to tight timescales
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Good working knowledge of Defence Publications, e.g.
AESPs, APs and BRs.
* Experience of managing small teams and the ability to coordinate work flows to ensure successful delivery of projects on time and to budget
* Two years' Project management experience or a recognised Project management qualification, such as APMP or Prince 2
* Good working knowledge of DE&S working practices and procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the company with good career progression as they continue on an impressive growth path.
Our clients customers demand confidentiality and discretion.
You will require the right to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will also need to be cleared to SC level security clearance.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.