Role: HSQE Manager Salary: £40,000 Location: LeedsType: Permanent
Overview 2Fawcett are recruiting for an HSQE Manager for a business located in Leeds.
As HSQE Manager you will responsible for the Management of hiredesk, office safety and environmental management & customer development.
ISO9001 and 14001 Promotion, Compliance and Monitoring.
The Role & Responsibilities of the HSQE Manager • Implement Monitor and Maintain Compliance records for ISO9001 • To be the main point of contact for customers calling and emailing hire desk.
• Ensure that hiredesk and supplier procedures and process are followed – especially re account opening, insurance and feedback.
• Book & organise hire machines and operatives • Ensure that self-drive drivers / operators produce a valid driving licence and operator’s card, to log these on the database and file them.
• In the absence of the Operations Manager liaise with respective repair companies in the event of a vehicle failure in order to ensure smooth operations & organise replacement vehicles.
• To have overall authority of sub-contractors and supplier selection.
• Hire desk administration including: o Quotes o Contracts o Terms & conditions o Purchase orders o Site survey allocation • To record service & repair of machines and LOLER inspections.
• To assist with the invoicing process.
• To log information from completed hires on the database.
• Ensure that new contracts are implemented smoothly and effectively.
• To ask customers for feedback after hires and to record this • To report any customer complaints that you receive directly from the customer, and to follow the customer complaint procedure to resolve them in a cost effective manner.
• To maintain and develop good customer relationships.
• To liaise with the customer regarding timescales and work schedules.
• To follow safety rules given to you by your employers, or the customer on whose site you are working, and to supervise your team and ensure that they are following safety rules and working safely.
• To abide by and promote the company health and safety policy, and ensure your team are working safely • To follow safe working instructions supplied with each vehicle, and induct customers to each machine they rent.
• To Advise customers of safety requirements needed, be it lane closures, coning off areas road licenses etc.
• To perform DSE assessments for your office team (with assistance and advise from the H&S Officer if required) • To Monitor and Maintain Compliance for ISO14001 accreditation • To ensure the office team are following waste procedures and to relay to customers and subcontractors our environmental Policy.
Requirements of the HSQE Manager • PC Literate (in particular Microsoft Outlook, Office & Word) – Essential • Experience in the plant hire industry – Essential • Professional telephone manner – Essential • Ability to form positive / productive relationships with people at all levels of the business and with customers – Essential • Able to work in a fast-paced changing company - Essential • Ability to plan own time and self-motivate – Essential • Able to accurately cost jobs profitable – Desirable • People management experience – Desirable • Microsoft Access experience – Desirable • Environmental Awareness – Desirable • Fire Marshall Training – Desirable