Family Law Secretary
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience
Reports to: Head of Department/Directors
This role will suit a secretary with a proven track record of handling varied family/matrimonial cases.
Award winning firm seeking a Family Secretary on a full-time basis although part-time will be considered.
We are a dynamic and award winning multi-office practice which provides a comprehensive range of legal services to clients across the UK.
Recognising that employees are our greatest asset, we invest in training and development programs and provide a working environment, which is both supportive and challenging.
Blending traditional values of personal and cost-effective advice with a modern fresh approach, we have achieved numerous accreditation and awards.
We are enjoying continuous success and continuous growth and are highly regarded within the legal market.
We offer great career prospects and a competitive salary and are now seeking a Secretary in the Family Department.
- To support and assist the department with typing, filing and answering calls.
- To use initiative to prepare correspondence and legal documents using Case Management.
- To open and close files.
- To answer telephone calls promptly, taking messages and returning calls on the same day.
Person specification, essential skills and qualifications
- Excellent IT skills.
- Quick and accurate typist.
- To be familiar with legal databases and accounts systems.
- To understand or have a desire to understand the new court portal system.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- To have experience of dealing with low, middle and high net worth individuals.
- To be experienced in dealing with divorce proceedings, financial matters arising out of divorce proceedings, children matters as well as protection of wealth with Cohabitation Agreements and Pre/Post-Nuptial Agreements.
Whilst this is desirable it is not essential.
- Be reliable and diligent with good attention to detail.
- Self-motivation to work as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Have a high level of confidentiality.
If you require any additional information please call Leanne Byrne on 01619147357.
If you wish to apply for this role please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.