Electrical Project Engineer
Role: Electrical Project Engineer
Salary: £40,000pa - £50,000pa
My client, an international leading manufacturing company based in Birmingham is looking for an experienced Electrical Project Engineer to join their rapidly expanding team.
Supporting the team and reporting to the Project Manager you will be involved across all stages of project delivery including business need identification, project justification, execution through to commissioning, and final site acceptance testing and handover.
You will ensure that the highest standards are realised and delivery is on time and within specification and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implementation of widely varying industry projects ranging from 110V to 3.5KV electrical systems to DCS/PLC process control upgrades.
Capable of fault finding and tuning Siemens S7 plc and driving equipment.
• Working closely with suppliers, subcontractors, and stakeholders to ensure that project scope and specification is thoroughly investigated and understood to ensure deliverables of quality, timely delivery, and agreed budgets are realised.
• Detailed planning of activities to ensure that available time and resource is used to
maximum efficiency within a highly time-constrained and fast-paced manufacturing operation.
• Source and manage specialist resources to support with finding bespoke solutions.
• Development and modification of electrical diagrams.
• Generation of I/O and process control equipment schedules from P&ID’s.
• Producing concise and thorough business case documents to support CAPEX applications.
The ideal candidate:
• Have an Electrical Engineering Degree with a base knowledge of power generation and
process control systems.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a competent electrical engineer with a degree in
Electrical Engineering working within a manufacturing or process environment.
• Worked as a lead engineer on multiple CAPEX projects in a fast-paced and dynamic process-driven environment.
• Diligent contractor selection and management across all project phases.
• Excellent attention to detail with a logical, methodical approach to planning and clear
focus when prioritising objectives.
• Strong understanding of Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements within an
• Driven to continually improve standards.
• Proficient in Gant chart programming
• Experienced in programming and tuning Siemens PLC and drives.
• Strong understanding of industrial process control.
• Proactive and innovative approach to problem resolution, a keen focus on time pressures at
critical project phases.
• Focused to ensure agreed budget, time, and financial expenditure forecasting targets are
• Advanced in Microsoft Office.
• Strong personal verbal and written communication skills.
• Energetic and self-motivated, you must be a team player with a flexible approach.
Interested? Apply now and one of our consultants will be in touch.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit.
If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page.
This does not need to be formatted in the same manner.
In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...