The Technical Assistant position offers excellent opportunities for training and personal development working with an international manufacturing business.
The successful applicant will be a member of the Technical department working as part of a multi-functional production team aiming to achieve key targets through analysis of key performance data across all areas of the production process and provide technical support and backup to the Technical Manager, thereby helping to deliver Cost, Quality and Efficiency benefits to the Factory.
What’s it for you:
Salary circa £34’376 per annum including 10% shit premium, plus overtime also available at x 1.5, pension matched up to 10% by my end client
Days based position between 06:00 – 18:00hrs, 5 on 5 off, 5 on 5 off, 4 on 4 off.
Resulting in 2 weekends off in every 4
Training and personal development, including lean manufacturing, technical diploma, health and safety etc
Personal progression with the opportunity to progress into management, supported with further training Specific responsibilities include: Kiln and Dryer monitoring, set up, alarm response and maintenance – training will be provided • Acquisition, testing and analysis of all process materials and finished products.
• Carry out functional QA, Environmental and Energy tasks.
• Collation and processing of all daily, weekly and monthly information data, in accordance with our Quality, Environmental & Energy Management Systems.
• Provide site wide technical support and liaison with Technical Manager.
• Ensure areas are inspected / maintained in accordance with local Health & Safety Standards and work within Standard Safe Operating Procedures.
• Application of TPM Tools & Techniques to generate Continuous Improvement throughout all areas of the factory.
• Creating and maintaining the highest standards of 5S’s housekeeping and environmental management.
• Assist in the development of SSOP’s and Risk Assessments.
Essential Qualifications & Experience: • GCSE or equivalent in Maths and Chemistry or Physics/ or Relevant Experience • Good communication skills.
• Reliability, flexibility, enthusiasm and the ability to use their own initiative and work as part of a team.
• High degree of computer literacy and numeric skills and competent use of all Microsoft applications.
• The ability to collate, sort, analyses and report data.
• Self-discipline and multi-tasking, the ability to self-manage and adjust to changing business needs.
• High degree of Health & Safety awareness • Experience in performing product QA checks • Problem solving aptitude.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience: • Experience of working in a TPM environment • Experience of Operating hi-tech manufacturing equipment, with MCP or HMI interfaces.
• Mechanical aptitude • Experience in Asset care duties • A recognised up-skill Training & Development Our client aims to operate to world-class standards in a 'right' first time, target driven environment.
The successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused programme of training and development.
If of interest, please apply now