Civil Engineering Lecturer
Protocol are working with a national college with state-of-the-art training facilities based in Birmingham to recruit a Civil Engineering Lecturer on a full-time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will teach across a range of programmes, primarily delivering Civil Engineering modules from levels 3 to 6, including -
* Fluid mechanics
* Open channel Hydraulics
* Soil mechanics
* Geotechnical engineering
* Structural Mechanics
* Structural Design
As a new College set up to create the rail and infrastructure workforce of the future, drawn from lots of different backgrounds and with the skills to take on any challenge, the client is looking for a range of backgrounds and experience in its newly developing team.
𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐫?
* You'll join a newly developed team united by an exciting and ambitious vision for the future, with scope to forge your own path and bring any ideas you have to the table
* You'll support the education and wellbeing of students, and contribute to the development of the workforce of the future
* You'll be part of one of the country's fastest-growing sectors, with ever-increasing demand and diversification of roles
* You'll be based on one of two state-of-the-art campuses with access to several million pounds worth of high-tech equipment
* As part of a large university group, you'll have access to the University's teaching expertise and facilities
* To help prepare teaching and learning to meet industry specification standards
* To assist in teaching high quality teaching and learning, assessing learners work and providing constructive feedback
* To work with awarding bodies, university partners, industry organisations, professional bodies, employers, other FE providers, trailblazing groups and government organisations
* To proactively support curriculum management
* To embrace the full potential of learning technologies in order to ensure that all staff and learners have access to a diverse range of learning resources and experiences
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 & 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
* Ability to apply knowledge of civil engineering within the rail environment
* Knowledge and understanding of the rail industry and current and emerging technologies.
* Experience of teaching/training at level 3
* Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a teaching qualification
* (Desirable) Recognised Assessor/Verifier award or willingness to work towards this.
* (Desirable) The ability to manage stakeholder relationships to ensure sustainable, long-term and productive partnerships.
* (Desirable)Experience of working with awarding bodies and higher education institutions to develop qualification framework.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities.
If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills.
People are at the heart of everything we do.
We place people first.
We're more than a recruitment agency - we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we've got the right role for you.
With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits - your future is in good hands.
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐥 𝐁𝐢𝐭
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position.
If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service.
The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process.
As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback.
If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.