Accounts Assistant : Payment/ Fund Transfers
Accounts Assistant - Payment/ Fund Transfers
Location: Central London
Competitive Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Permanent - Full-Time Position
A leading foreign bank based in Central London are looking to recruit an Accounts Payments Officer to join their Trade Finance team.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years' previous payment experience in the banking sector and knowledge of SWIFT payment messaging.
Payments Officer - What you will be doing:
You will have a dual function of as a Payment Advisor and Payment Officer and are required to:
* Ensure effective and efficient processing of transfers.
* Ensure AML checks are carried out on all Payments.
* Constantly monitor queues on systems to ensure no outstanding
* Respond to queries and other enquiries on transfers and payments
* Ensure proper record keeping in line with the bank's policy.
* Daily Batch Checking review of payments
* Produce required MIS on work area
* Adopting a zero tolerance for processing errors and ensuring that all errors are identified and addressed same day.
* Strong liaison with the Compliance department, ensuring implementation of compliance policies and procedures and proactively alerting compliance issues
* Ensure timely identification of point of service failures and the implementation of corrective measures
* Ensure prompt reconciliation and proofing of all ledger accounts and efficient resolution of long-standing reconciliation items.
What skills you will need:
* Previous payment experience in the banking sector
* Knowledge of SWIFT payment messaging
* Excellent customer service skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Adaptable and flexible
* Independent, innovative and ready to learn
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading bank that offer good career progression, please apply.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.